Break out the shorts, flowy tanks, and panama hats; summer is officially here! If you’re not quite ready to break out the bikini, there’s no need to worry — we’ve got you covered. Glitter Guide has prepared five easy steps to help you feel confident and amazing in your new bikini.
1. Start Smart: Begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water. The Vitamin C in lemon juice helps flush out the system and boosts the metabolism for the day.
2. Stock Up On Fruits & Veggies: Incorporate and swap clean, nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables in favor of refined sugars and processed foods in your diet. Shop the local farmers market for fresh and budget-friendly alternatives that your grocery store may not offer.
3. Snack Healthy: Whip up a quick and easy smoothie (like this one), store a bag of nuts at the office, or cut up your favorite fruits and throw them in your purse for those afternoon snack attacks. We also recommend cooking kale chips or roasting chic peas for a healthy take on a salty craving.
4. Amp Up Your Workouts: Increase the intensity of your workout. Work up a sweat and enjoy the warm weather with interval training. Alternating between cardio and weight-bearing exercises not only provides a great workout, but also helps increase your metabolism so you continue to burn calories throughout the day.
5. Drink Wisely: A rule to remember when selecting an alcoholic beverage: “stick with the clear stuff.” Some of our favorite figure-friendly cocktails are a glass of white wine (90 calories for 5oz), champagne (96 calories for 5oz), or a Skinny Girl Margarita (100 calories for 4oz).