Sara Martinez is the creator of the fabulous and addicting Tumblr blog Musings In Femininity. She’s also an advertising executive from Arecibo, Puerto Rico, with a love for fashion, culture, music, and personal style. While living in a variety of places like Puerto Rico, Guatemala, and most recently New York, she’s always loved absorbing the culture of a city into her style. We asked her to share her must-haves to stay sparkly and stylish in a fast-paced city!
1. Elizabeth and James Park Sunglasses: It was love at first sight with these sunnies with the classic frame with a twist.
2. Laka Nail Polish: I discovered this nail polish in a mall in Barcelona. I can’t get enough of it! It delivers amazing color with just one coat.
3. Kate Spade Essex Scout: Crossbody bags are a must for adventures in the city! I love how the Kate Spade Scout bag is so colorful and light!
4. Red Moleskine: Keeping a Moleskine journal has helped me put my whirlwind of a life in order. I love making lists about who I want to be, where I want to travel, books I want to read and, of course, things I want to buy.
5. Metallic Sandals: Throughout the summer, I live in these metallic Seychelles sandals!
6. Retro-inspired one-piece swimsuit: I’m always on the look out for cute one-pieces & Anthropologie delivered this season!
7. Bulova Precisionist Silver & Rose Gold Watch: This watch is perfect for mixing metals. I love how it’s a classic design but the rose gold makes it modern & cohesive with every outfit.
8. Statement Jewelry: My style is pretty minimal, but every once in a while I love to throw on a statement piece to add that much-needed sparkle!
9. Body Talk – Robyn: I’m absolutely in love with Robyn and how her upbeat songs help keep my energy up throughout the day.
10. J.Crew Elephant Pendant: This is a favorite piece for me since my great grandmother used to collect elephants. I love how it’s so small and simple, but always completes an outfit for me.