This summer, we’ve decided to ditch the mini-skirt and have opted for floor length instead. Whether it’s a skirt or a dress, the maxi makes a perfect statement. Dress it down with a pair of sandals and a messy braid, or take it after hours by adding wedges and glittery jewelry. We rounded up some of our favorite ways to style this versatile yet romantic piece.
1. Dress “biker chic” like this street style maven who wore her bright maxi skirt with a cropped leather jacket.
2. Slip into a sheer maxi skirt like Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere; keep it clean and simple with a basic tee.
3. Heading to the beach? Wear a lightweight dress with an oversized tote and a hat to keep cool.
4. Try pairing a feminine maxi dress with a structured blazer for an unexpected (but stylish) touch.
5. Next time you’re packing for that tropical vacation, make sure to pack a graphic maxi. Pair it with a tribal necklace and you’ll look like a goddess.
6. Go for a Glitter Girl look like Blair from Atlantic Pacific. Rock a basic skirt with sequins and lots of layers (don’t forget a killer pair of shades and bright lips)!
7. Pair a sheer, bold-colored skirt with juicy fruit accessories like Liz from Late Afternoon.
8. Channel Nicole Richie and go for a printed floral dress with a bohemian feel.