This spring, the ’80s neon trend came back in a bold way. And now that summer is in full swing, there’s never been a better time to give this colorful trend a try. Our favorite way to wear neon? Temper bright pieces with classic neutrals! This keeps things looking stylish and refined, rather than tacky or over-the-top.
1. Channel the Jil Sander s/s 2011 collection! Rock a neon orange skirt with a classic white tee.
2. Opt for a simple t-shirt with neon & neutral stripes! Pair with white shorts and sandals for an instant summer staple.
3. This Christopher Kane clutch makes a bold statement, yet screams chic practicality!
4. Seeking a subtle way to wear neon? Try the KG by Kurt Geiger’s espadrille neon wedge — a whimsical take on a classic summer style!
5. We’re smitten with The Cambridge Satchel Company’s fluorescent handbags! Wear with a chic white suit to create an eye-catching ensemble.
6. Layer a vibrant sweater dress over a nude button-up (think Cacharel s/s 2011!).
7. Ease into this trend with a neon belt (and keep it simple with a flirty feminine frock)!
8. Pile on the wooden bangles with a hint of neon to give your summer bikini some extra pizazz.
9. Look to the streets for funky, fresh variations. We applaud bold bravery!
10. Sport Clare Vivier’s oh-so-sleek La Pochette!
11. Nervous to try neon? How about a lively lacquer? We adore this green hue from American Apparel!
12. Joanna Hillman knows just how to add a pop of neon to her neutral outfit: a colorful clutch & matching lips!
Photos not linked: Stockholm Street Style & Vogue.com