After showcasing this crystal necklace on my blog, Cheetah is the New Black, I thought Glitter Girls everywhere might be interested in a DIY (do-it-yourself) tutorial! This simple necklace requires little time or effort, but packs a strong statement when worn alone or layered. (Plus, your friends will be uber impressed with your new jewelry making skills!)
Here’s what you’ll need: wire cutter and pliers, chain, crystals (with holes), eye pins (one per crystal), and a clasp of your choice.
1. Cut chain to desired length.
2. Using pliers, attach a clasp to the end of the chain.
3. Lay out chain and plan where you will attach each crystal.
4. Loop eye pin through the hole in the top of the crystal (wrapping through the chain). Bend pin into circular loop to secure.
5. Repeat step 4 for each crystal.
Photos: Alicia Lund (Cheetah is the New Black)