Hello again, it’s Jessie from Sweet Thing! 40s hairstyles have been all over the fall runways and filling the pages of magazines, so I thought I would share an easy updated version of the 1940’s classic–the victory roll. I have bangs which makes this style a little tricky. I decided to do a side part and comb my bangs to one side, but this style can easily be done with a middle part if you prefer.
1. Start by wrapping your hair around a 1.5 inch curling iron, holding the ends of your hair out of the iron. I like to curl larger sections of hair to get a more wavy Veronica Lake type look. Continue around your head until all of your hair is wavy.
2. Separate one section of your hair from your ear forward.
3. Back comb (tease) it slightly. I do this because I have very fine hair, if you have thick hair this step is not necessary.
4. Wrap the section of hair in a counterclockwise motion around your index finger.
5. Continue wrapping until all the hair is around your finger.
6. Pull out your finger and rest the cone of hair on the top of your head. Secure with a bobby pin.
7. Do the same to the other side of your head.
8. Secure with a bobby pin. Comb fly-aways down and spray with hairspray to set.
It’s as easy as that!