Hi, it’s Priscilla from PFS Makeup with another retro makeup tutorial. For ’80s I went for bold! Women and even men were not afraid to pile on makeup during the ’80s. The brighter the colors and the heavier the application-the better! Embrace fluorescent shades of pinks, oranges, blues, lots of intense black liner, and start growing those eyebrows out! Thick brows were the rage and are now coming back in style.
1. To update a full coverage look with a fresh and light feel, use Dior ‘Diorskin Airflash’ Spray Foundation. While you can shake and spray directly onto your skin, I prefer to spray onto a large powder brush and apply where needed.
2. Have fun using Bare Escentuals blush in Fruit Cocktail. This product is buildable, so depending on your mood you can go light for a modern look or go bold to get that ’80s trendy cheek.
3. Use a brow brush to comb your eyebrow hair in the same direction. At night, stimulate your brow growth with Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum to achieve thick and full 1980s “Madonna” eyebrows.
4. Let your inner rocker chick come out by intensifying your eyes with BADgal Kohl pencil by Benefit. Smudge this thick pencil onto your entire lid for an edgy eye.
5. Try applying Yves Saint Laurent ‘Volume Effet Faux Cils’ in 003 Extreme Blue on your bottom lashes to get that extra pop of color on the eyes. At first glance, no one will notice, yet it will enhance your natural eye color for the better.
6. Be consistent in matching your blush and lips: pinks with pinks, oranges with oranges and so on. A bold lip is perfect to replicate the ’80s. I love Impassioned Lipstick by MAC because it lasts all day!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌