Hey Glitter Girls, it’s Jessie from Sweet Thing bringing you a fun ’80s inspired hairstyle. As a child of the ’80s one of my favorite movies growing up was Flashdance. I longed for curly hair like Jennifer Beals. If only I had known that there was no perm necessary to get the very same look.
1. Before bed, wash your hair. When it is almost dry but still damp grab a section and start twisting it all the way down. The size of the sections of hair determine the size of the curls. The bigger the sections the bigger the curls.
A few things to note:
The direction of the twist determine the direction of the curls. You want them to curl away from your face. Make sure your hair is not too wet otherwise it will not dry in time.
2. Twist the twists of hair into mini buns and secure with bobby pins, until your whole head is done. My hair is quite fine so it only took me 4 buns per side. If you have thicker hair you may want to make about 6-8 buns per side.
3. Go to sleep.
4. When you wake up carefully unwind all of the buns.
5. Use your fingers and start to pull apart and separate all of the curls (do not use a brush, this will make the hair frizzy).
6. If there are any ends that didn’t curl enough feel free to use a curling iron to make final touches.