Hello again! It’s Jessie from Sweet Thing, bringing you the final installment of my decade-inspired tutorials: the ’90s. ’90s hair was all about voluminous, layered locks–and a great “blow out” is the best way to achieve such a look!
1. Apply volumizing spray to wet, clean hair (I use John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Boost).
2. If you also have bangs, start out by drying them with a round brush. Make sure your hair dryer has the concentrator (nozzle) attached (I use an Elchim 2001 Professional Hair Dryer).
3. After your bangs are dry, pin up the top sections of hair. (This makes it easier to dry the underneath sections first!)
4. With a round brush and hair dryer, dry the lower sections of your hair (while brushing it under). Start at the roots and brush your way down to the ends, making sure the concentrator (nozzle) follows your brush strokes.
5. When the lower sections are dry, unpin the top sections. Dry them using the same method.
6. Spray hairspray to set (I use L’Oreal Elnett).