Hello, Glitter Girls! Priscilla Francine here to share a look inspired by the ’90s. Just about anything went in fashion during this decade but makeup trends remained fairly consistent.
1. Whether your style is preppy or grungy, foundation is a must. Go from sheer to full coverage in seconds with Bobbi Brown’s Foundation Stick. Apply a few stripes (straight from the stick) on your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Blend into skin with a foundation brush. For a more concealed look, go back over blemishes and discolorations once more.
2. Achieve a timeless glow with Dallas Blush by Benefit. This mauve hue will pair well with any outfit, occasion, or lip color. Since style was so permissive in the ’90s, feel free to wear anything with this blush color!
3. For a defined brow, dampen an eyeshadow that matches your hair color. Use the #266 MAC brush to outline the brow in one clean line and fill in.
4. Dior’s Smokey Nude #571 will create the perfect girl-next-door sultry eye. Press the darkest color onto your lash line. Blend the medium shade into the crease. Highlight the arch under your brow with the lightest beige color. Finish the look with a deep brown eyeliner.
5. Use tweezers to apply individual FAUX lashes. For an everyday look, I add no more than 4; for a night out, maybe 5 or 6. This gives eyes a great little lift while creating just enough volume.
6. Deep plums, browns, and pronounced lip liner was a strong trend in the ’90s. To create a modern version, lightly line the entire lip in Currant Lip Liner by MAC, and blend with Bobbi Brown’s Brown Lipstick.