Even though the holiday season is technically behind us, we still haven’t let go of the festive feeling. We know many of you are probably dialing in your diet for the new year, but if you happen to want a decadent and glittery dessert for an upcoming soirée, we have the perfect treat! We discovered this delicious recipe on Mrs. Lilien’s amazing blog and just knew you’d love it, too!
Mrs. Lilien’s Raspberry-Glam Trifle:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds pound cake
- 1/4 cup gold edible glitter
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2-cup sugar, 1/4-cup water, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar for 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 3 cups raspberries, mashing slightly. In a large bowl, whip cream, mascarpone, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of sugar to stiff peaks.
- Slice pound cake 3/4 inch thick; brush both sides of slices with lemon syrup.
- Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Gently spread top of layer with 1/3 of raspberry mixture, and then 1/3 of whipped cream. Repeat to make two more layers; garnish with remaining cup of raspberries. Sprinkle with gold edible glitter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Image and recipe by Mrs. Lilien