Plaid is one of those perennially in-style patterns, outlasting short-lived trends and transcending the turn of each season. Available in a myriad of color combinations, plaid can be incorporated into timeless or trendy ensembles! No matter how it’s styled, this quirky option adds a sharp dose of playful sophistication to any outfit. As demonstrated above by some seriously stylish ladies, plaid is a checkered classic that’s here to stay!
1. A pleated vintage inspired dress is an easy, simple way to wear plaid. Throw on some chic flats and you’re good to go! (The Style Scout)
2. Style plaid for the winter weather like our editor, Alicia! Layer it up with a cozy sweater and fun fedora.
3. Keep it simple with a plaid button up, crisp black jeans, and girlie flats. (tumblr)
4. Take a cue from Kendi and stick with a classic look. Pair a bold pencil skirt with a tied button up.
5. Try wearing it to the office! Channel Helena and slip into a plaid blazer. Wear with a simple tee, a sleek skirt, and heels.
6. Go for a look that’s both feminine and edgy — temper a ruffled plaid dress with a hip military jacket. (ELLE)
7. Feeling bold? Take a risk like Liz, and layer two fun plaid pieces together.