Hi everyone, it’s Sarah from A House in the Hills, here to share a recipe that’s pretty enough to serve to guests and easy enough for even the most novice Glitter Girl chef! An added bonus? It’s made with vegan mayonaise and is gluten-free and dairy-free, so it’s especially friendly to most special dietary needs. With summer just around the corner, this recipe is the perfect one to have in your arsenal for backyard entertaining. I hope you love it!
- 2 1/2 cups of cubed fingerling potatoes (preferably the purple, red, and white variety!)
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonaise (Follow Your Heart is my favorite brand)
- 2 tablespoons of high quality whole grain mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- pea sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to a medium boil.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes and add to boiling water. Cook for 4-5 minutes; possibly longer, depending on the size of your potato cubes. Test by sticking a fork into them. They should pierce easily, but you want to avoid overcooking and turning them to mush!
- Drain potatoes. Place in your serving bowl and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chop red onion into the smallest bits you can manage.
- When the potatoes have cooled, add the vegan mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, red onion, and salt. Mix well.
- Serve the potato salad on a bed of pea sprouts with fresh cracked pepper