Hi everyone, it’s Sarah from A House in the Hills, here to share a recipe that’s pretty enough to serve to guests and easy enough for even the most novice Glitter Girl chef! An added bonus? It’s made with vegan mayonaise and is gluten-free and dairy-free, so it’s especially friendly to most special dietary needs. With summer just around the corner, this recipe is the perfect one to have in your arsenal for backyard entertaining. I hope you love it!
– 2 1/2 cups of cubed fingerling potatoes (preferably the purple, red, and white variety!)
– 3/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
– 1/4 cup vegan mayonaise (Follow Your Heart is my favorite brand)
– 2 tablespoons of high quality whole grain mustard
– 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
– fresh cracked pepper
– pea sprouts
– Bring a pot of water to a medium boil.
– Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes and add to boiling water. Cook for 4-5 minutes; possibly longer, depending on the size of your potato cubes. Test by sticking a fork into them. They should pierce easily, but you want to avoid overcooking and turning them to mush!
– Drain potatoes. Place in your serving bowl and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
– Chop red onion into the smallest bits you can manage.
– When the potatoes have cooled, add the vegan mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, red onion, and salt. Mix well.
– Serve the potato salad on a bed of pea sprouts with fresh cracked pepper
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.