After being whisked away on an unexpected (yet delightful) getaway last weekend, we’ve been thinking about a simple packing list. It’s puzzling deciding how to maximize your wardrobe into a small overnight bag! The key is to make sure each item can go from day to night, and that pieces can easily mix and match with each other! Our advice is to bring one pair of jeans, two pairs of shoes, a dress, two tops, and a few other key items.
1. MIH Jeans Chambray Shirt ($147): A chambray shirt is one of the most versatile pieces you can own. Layer it over a summer dress and tie the bottom into a knot, pair with summer shorts, or tuck into jeans.
2. Linda Farrow for The Row Sunglasses ($363): You can’t go on a weekend getaway during the summer without a chic pair of sunglasses. Opt for a classic shape in a versatile color.
3. Jules Smith Surf Bangles ($105): Stick with jewelry that makes an impact but can still be worn with every outfit. Our go-to is a set of gold bangles. They seriously go with everything (even just your bikini!).
4. Haute Hippie Ikat Silk Dress ($395): When packing a dress, you want something lightweight and versatile. This one from Haute Hippie is perfect for a summer getaway! It can function as a bathing suit cover-up, a tunic over a white pair of jeans, or simply a fun & flirty dress.
5. Topshop Straw Wedges ($130): These straw wedges are sexy enough for cocktails but sweet enough to be worn all summer vacation.
6. Juicy Couture Silk-Chiffon Tank ($140): A silk cami is also a great layering piece. It’s perfect with shorts and sandals on a warm afternoon, and can then be layered with the chambray top and jeans for evening!
7. J. Crew Striped Shorts ($65): Stripes are great for the weekend and are surprisingly versatile. Wear this classic pair with your silk cami for lunch, or slip on the chambray shirt for a day of walking around a new city.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Lace Espadrilles ($70): This summer we’re obsessed with espadrilles. (This lace pair works great for a getaway!) They’re super comfortable for a day out at the beach, but are also fancy enough to wear with your fun dress for a night out on the town.
9. Miu Miu Bow Bikini ($245): Bring a bikini with a neutral color palette to ensure that it will go with a variety of the items that you pack. This one would look great when under a dress, paired with white jeans, or worn with printed shorts.
10. Goldsign White Skinny Jeans ($180): White jeans are crisp and clean, and they really just scream ‘summer!’ Plus, they can easily be dressed up or down. Start off casual with the classic chambray shirt and espadrilles. Jazz them up with a silk camisole, straw wedges, and gold bangles.
11. Tory Burch Woven Patent Clutch ($275): Packing lightly is the first step to relaxation. Save luggage room and only bring one bag for the weekend. A clutch is a wonderful option. This one by Tory Burch is thin and neutral–it will go with all of your outfits!