Hi Glitter Guide! Lauren here with a fun and easy hair tutorial! I’m still a huge fan of the the iconic Carrie Bradshaw’s sky-high bun. When paired with a feminine dress and some pretty Manolos, you’ll be ready to conquer the world (and the city!). There are many different ways to go about achieving this look–heavy teasing, the innovative sock–but for this particular style, I opted for a hair bun I found on Amazon called a “hair rat.” It’s super easy to use–and for only $4, you can effortlessly create the perfect bun. Here are the steps!
1. Start with your hair in a high ponytail. Mine just happened to be already curled, but straight locks work even better!
2. Have the hair rat ready to begin rolling your bun.
3. Starting from the ends of your hair, take the hair rat and roll underneath the ponytail.
4. Make sure all hair is gathered and that it is tightly wrapped around the hair rat. Roll all the way down to the ponytail holder.
5. Take the ends of the hair rat and pull to the front, creating a donut shape. Snap the ends of the hair rat together.
6. Loosely pull hair from the sides of the bun to cover the front so that the hair is evenly distributed. Bobby pin the bun all around to secure.
Voilà! A perfect Carrie bun.