August is characteristically a tricky time to shop—most of our favorite stores have cleared out their summer merchandise, and thick sweaters, tweed knits, and fall colors begin to fill the racks. We’ve searched high and low for several great pieces that can not only be worn during the final weeks of summer heat, but also transition smoothly into your fall wardrobes. And best of all? They’re all under $120!
1. Peplum Top ($50): Wear this top now with jeans or slim-fitting pants, then cover up with a cropped blazer come fall.
2. Collar Necklace ($10.80): This statement necklace is so on-trend for fall but can easily dress up a thin t-shirt right now!
3. Floral Maxi Dress ($118): Maxi dresses are one of our favorite summer staples, but you can let this silhouette live in your closet year-round! Throw on a cardigan, a blazer, or a crewneck sweater and tights—beautifully layered ensembles await!
4. Scallop Shorts ($120): Shorts aren’t just for summer anymore! Try pairing these khaki shorts with thick grey tights.
5. Revlon Nail Polish ($7.99): These colors are in stores now (Marmalade & Midnight) but are undeniably hot for autumn.
6. Mint Dress ($55): We love this demure dress for late summer brunches and dinner dates, but it’s too cute to pack away come September! Try pairing a printed blouse underneath for a different (yet equally chic!) look.
7. Polka Dot Top ($45): The polka dot trend isn’t going anywhere fast. Stock up on summer camisoles and tank tops that can be layered under jackets or sweaters and worn with blouses in chilly temperatures.
8. Silver Heels ($68): Think white shoes are only for summer? Think again! Wear these sassy metallic stilettos with cropped pants, boyfriend jeans, or slim-fitting pencil skirts and tights this fall.