Burgundy has always been a fall runway favorite. It’s rich, intense color makes a bold statement. This year, burgundy is being worn like a neutral, so wear it in lieu of a black jacket or beige skirt. It also looks great in a monochromatic style. Take a cue from Ahn of 9 to 5 Chic and wear a chunky turtleneck sweater in this saturated hue and matching leather skirt or try a chic all burgundy pants suit. When looking for colors that compliment this strong color look past the obvious and try something a little daring like burgundy and blue or burgundy and pink (think Celine Fall ’12). For beauty, it’s best to keep the rest of your look simple. Wear a deep burgundy lip with a fresh clean face or rock it on your nails.
1. Tibi Draped Dress ($450)
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel ($895)
3. Zanita in a chunky burgundy sweater and matching skinny jeans.
4. Celine Fall 2012
5. Ahn rocking matching burgundy pieces with neutral accessories.
6. Rimmel London Nail Polish in Burgundy Flirt ($1.99)
7. Clean face with burgundy colored lips (try L’Oreal Colour Riche in #746 $8.95)
8. T by Alexander Wang Skirt ($230)