Autumn is nearly upon us. In honor of this momentous occasion, Katie Hintz-Zambrano—San Francisco editor of Refinery 29—kindly compiled her must-haves for the quickly-approaching season. We’re quite fond of the well-rounded nature of her selections. From wardrobe staples to eclectic cookware, these eight items are a testament to this leading lady’s fantastic taste!
1. Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel ($34.65): “I’m a huge fashion-history geek, so of course I’m a big fan of the wackiness that is Diana Vreeland. I loved her book Allure, and I’m anxious to get my hands on The Eye Has To Travel, a tome that accompanies a new documentary of the same name.”
2. Freda Salvador Polka Dot Pony Oxford (coming soon): “I’m obsessed with new Bay Area footwear brand Freda Salvador. The shoes are top quality and super versatile. These babies can be worn as oxfords—or, when you remove the strap on top, loafers! Bonus: flats are a must in this hilly town, so the 2-in-1 option is amazing!”
3. Brighton Rock Lipstick by Topshop ($16): “I’m a big fan of a bright pop of color on the lip. I think it can brighten up your whole face, even if the rest of your makeup is sparse. My current obsession? The matte pink shades from Topshop, including this wear-everywhere hue, Brighton Rock.”
4. Enamel/Stainless Steel Colander in Turquoise ($17.99): “I definitely have my fair share of Barefoot Contessa fantasy moments and can be found in my kitchen on the best of days. I have an affinity for vintage-y cookware and have wanted to scoop up a candy-colored colander ever since I saw a plethora of them at Pot & Pantry (my favorite S.F. kitchenware shop, located right across from the famed Tartine bakery)!”
5. Indian Summer Dress by Free People ($148): “With San Francisco’s bipolar weather patterns, I’m a huge fan of long-sleeved dresses, which look flirty but still protect from the post-4-p.m. chill. This hippie-chic version is extra-perfect, since it gives a firm nod to the Indian Summer that is right around the bend!”
6. Nexus 7 ($199): “This is Google’s answer to the iPad and I’m really loving it. It’s way cheaper ($199) and I can hold it in the palm of my hand. Sometimes I use it to reference shot lists and call sheets on photo shoots; other times, for getting my daily fix of my top guilty pleasure, The Daily Mail UK.”
7. Prada Candy Perfume ($108): “I like what one of my friends has referred to as ‘stripper scents,’—unsophisticated, sugary-sweet perfumes a la Victoria’s Secret. And while I do love myself some Love Spell and the like from VS, I’m also thinking of upgrading my perfume stash and getting this bottle of Prada’s Candy eau de parfum. Naturally, I like things that smell good enough to eat.”
8. J. Crew Polka-Dot Sweater in Cabernet Fuchsia ($268): “I love classic patterns like polka dots and stripes, so I’m extra excited about these new sweaters from J. Crew. They’re so simple but would surely garner a million compliments. I can see myself pairing one with a pencil skirt for an event, followed by dinner on the town.”
Photo of Katie: Jasmine Gregory
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌