We’re full into the swing of the holiday season, and with that comes an abundance of holiday parties we can’t wait to doll up for! Get into the spirit of this jovial season with our favorite holiday look: the bold red lip and dramatic cat eye. The trick to achieving this glam makeup is keeping the emphasis on eyes and lips, while leaving the rest of the face minimal and expertly groomed. This is a look that can easily transition from day to evening with a few simple additions—and the outcome will be both dazzling and elegant!
1. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer ($34): Start with a primer prior to your foundation. This adds luminosity to the complexion while keeping shine at bay.
2. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($22): Using a long-wearing gel liner, draw a graduated line on your top lid, winging it out and up on the outside corner of your eye. This elongates the eyes and adds instant glamour.
3. tarte EmphasEYES™ For Brows High Definition Eyebrow Pencil ($19.50): Groom the eyebrows and add some definition with a soft eyebrow pencil. This often overlooked step adds instant polish.
4. Nars Blush in Rose Petal Pink ($28): Dust a touch of pink blush on the apples of the cheeks; this brings a youthful flush to the face.
6. M.A.C Lipstick in Russian Red ($15): Finish off the look with a pop of bright red lipstick. (Tip: to keep the color on all night, prep with a veil of concealer, apply the color, blot, and go in with a second application of the lipstick.)
Written by Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle