Sleek and shiny hair can be elusive during the cold and dry winter months (hello, static!), but fear not, we are here to get your strands back to their usual silky luster. Winterize your routine with our favorite products and ideas, and leave those winter frizzies out in the cold!
1. Stick to your roots: Lost moisture means brittle looking locks. Using shampoo only on your roots will keep your hair clean, without stripping the natural oils on the strand of the hair. (image)
2. Prime condition: Adding a heavy dose of healthy moisture to the hair will help it lay flat and look shiny. Using an overnight hair treatment (don’t forget to wrap it in a towel, or even a plastic bag!) once a week will make a big difference to the appearance, and health, of your hair. Living Proof, Restore Mask Treatment ($24)
3. Static stopper: Dryer sheets are useful for more than just laundry; smoothing an unscented static guard sheet over the hair will tame that pesky static! Stash one in your purse for a quick fix. Bounce Free & Sensitive Dryer Sheets ($6.62)
4. Trim often: Raggedy, dry ends can affect the overall appearance of your hair, especially if it’s a layered style. Visit your stylist for a short trim frequently and your hair will instantly look revived. (image)
5. Smooth it out: Banish flyaways and protect your locks with a serum. Not only will it add extra shine to the hair, but it protects it from the harsh effects of cold climates – win, win! Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($38)
Written By Erin Gerlach Of The Sparkle