Just because the holidays are over and the weather is dreary doesn’t mean you need to stay curled up on the couch watching Downton Abbey & GIRLS on repeat. The chilly winter months are the perfect time to host a cozy dinner party, ideal for trying your hand at a new soup recipe, cozying around the fire for a game of cards and soaking up plenty of candle light!
1. A casual affair doesn’t mean you shouldn’t break out the champagne! We like these non-traditional stemless champagne glasses for a stylishly cozy night in. Champagne Glasses ($32)
2. Brown ales and porters were made for winter — instead of serving straight from the bottle, grab a classic growler and some proper glasses! Beer Growler ($21.95)
3. This sophisticated tray is the perfect place to rest snacks and cocktails while you gather around a crackling fire. Zig Zag Tray ($60)
4. An understated runner is perfect for keeping things casual, but never dull, at an intimate winter dinner party. Table Runner ($98)
5. There’s nothing like the soft glow of candlelight to create a cozy, wintery ambiance! Spread a few of these white lights around the room, or cluster them on the dining table as a centerpiece. Candles ($16.95-$22.95)
6. Bring some life to your winter decor with an eye-catching succulent. Succulent ($6)
7. Yes, this wood cutting board is useful, but we also love the rustic and warm feel it can bring to a kitchen when left on display. Cutting Board ($99.95)
8. A white placemat with a fabulous shape is the perfect understated item to accent your relaxed and cozy gathering. Placemat ($78)
9. Nothing says cozy like a gorgeous cabled throw! We love West Elm’s options for keeping guests warm. Blanket ($99)
10. A clean white pitcher is perfect for serving water at dinner, but we think we’ll be using this one for hot cocoa and steamy cider! Pitcher ($13.99)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.