Today one of our beauty contributors, Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle is sharing a few of her favorite products that you can always find in her makeup bag:
As a beauty contributor for Glitter Guide and professional makeup artist, I’m exposed to all of the latest and greatest makeup and beauty products out there! Any product that makes it into my personal beauty arsenal must get the job done for a decent price, so I always keep the three P’s in mind when testing out a product: price, packaging, and proof it works. Even though I try out tons of products, if I were banished to a desert island tomorrow, these are the items I couldn’t live without.
1. tarte Maracuja Oil ($46): Like the rest of us, I’m doing whatever I can to age gracefully. This beauty oil is a lifesaver, and contains all of those age busting ingredients without the fillers of a cream. When I heard it’s also a fave of Zooey Deschanel, I knew I was on the right track!
2. M.A.C Cremesheen Glass ($20): Finding the perfect lipgloss can be tricky; it’s usually sticky and anything but kissable. This one is smooth, richly pigmented and shiny. I always have a few in my purse!
3. Lise Watier Portfolio Professional Corrector ($31): This is a definite must have in my professional kit. It corrects redness, dark circles, adds brightness and even has a darker color to contour the face. The creamy texture blends easily, too.
4. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer ($42): I love the light, luminous coverage this gives my skin. It blurs out my imperfections seamlessly — I go back to this product over and over again. It’s a bonus that it also has SPF built in!
5. tarte emphasEYES inner rim brightener ($19): I won’t be happy until every woman has one of these in her makeup bag. My friends all own one because I won’t let them live without this pencil that brightens the eyes, reducing the appearance of redness and dullness.
6. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black ($8.50): This is my tried and true mascara. Even though I’ve tested more than a few, I usually come back to this favorite because it doesn’t clump, flake, and builds easily.
7. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($36): A pan of this bronzer lasts for over a year. I love the subtle shimmer and use it to sculpt my cheekbones and also run it down the bridge of my nose; it adds instant color to my face year-round.
8. Aveda Confixor ($21): On those days when my hair is in a bun right out of the shower, this liquid gel gives it the control it needs and makes my hair smell incredible all day long.
9. Clarisonic Aria ($199): This is the tool you’d save from a burning building; believe the hype because it’s a serious miracle for the skin! I use it at night to help exfoliate and it helps my serum sink in for greater effectiveness.
10. NARS Schiap Lipstick ($24): If you’re looking for a magenta lipstick, this is probably the one you’ve seen all over Pinterest and Tumblr. It’s so bright and chic and instantly transforms my face.
Shop the story: