We’re so over winter-weather makeup (think: heavy moisturizers, foundations and dark smokey eyes). When it comes to your eye makeup this spring, we suggest an unexpected pop of color that will instantly brighten things up. The inspiration? The look backstage at Rebecca Minkoff Spring/Summer 2013, featuring inner eyes lined with a pretty pastel hue, created by Stila Cosmetics Pro-Artist Sarah Lucero.
1. First, give your skin a natural glow that’s clean and polished. We’re a fan of Stila’s Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer ($44) formula.
2. Apply Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($20) in Periwinkle to the inner corners. Diffuse it up and out.
3. Coat lashes in Forever Your Curl Mascara ($22) for clump-free dramatic length and curl.
4. Complement your look with a fierce, bold brow. At Rebecca Minkoff Spring/Summer 2013, Lucero warmed up eyes by using a hint of Fire Eye Shadow, a matte shade found in Stila’s In The Know Eye Palette ($39).
5. Finish with sun-kissed cheeks and lips, which will neutralize the look. Stila’s Convertible Color ($25) in Camellia doubles as a lipstick and blush.
Written By Kara Manos of Politics Of Pretty.
Images courtesy of Stila Cosmetics.
Shop the story: