Overalls have been coming in and out of style for the last 40 years. The ‘90s staple originally popped up in the seventies and is once again appearing in designer lookbooks and on retro-loving fashionistas. One way or the other, most people seem to feel strongly about the newest denim trend—and styled correctly, it’s a look we can’t get enough of! With a little patience, anyone can find a pair that looks fabulous. Wear your denim with stylish, modern accessories (think: a polished clutch or chic boots) for an eclectic and not-at-all-outdated ensemble!
Clockwise from top left:
1. Try cuffing a relaxed pair of overalls with a black and white striped shirt for a preppy meets trendy take. (image)
2. Take a cue from Leandra—throw on a tailored blazer for a polished look. (image)
3. A heather grey tee and ankle booties give this outfit a relaxed feel. (image)
4. A simple black top and a colorful pair of flats = the perfect weekend look. (image)
5. Give a billowy blouse a try with a pair of short overalls—we can’t wait to try this one! (image)
Shop the story: