Jennifer Lawrence is everywhere these days; she’s the new “it” girl and it’s not hard to see why. Jennifer is well known for her confident and bold personality, so it makes sense that we’re all about the look that mirrors all the things we love about her—as seen in Elle magazine’s May 2011 issue. Those strong brows and those striking matte red lips offset her flawless complexion; her hair is just the right amount of undone to really pull the look together. In fact, this look is so gorgeous, we’re ready to make it our new go-to for spring!
Get the look:
1. Immaculate skin is a must for this striking makeup. Apply all over the face with your fingertips to achieve just the right amount of glow combined with flawless coverage. M.A.C Mineralize Moisture Foundation ($33)
2. Give the face structure by carving out your cheekbones. Starting behind the apples of the cheeks, apply a matte bronzer with a brush under the cheekbones and blend well towards the ears. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer ($32)
3. Bold eyebrows take this look to another level. Don’t be scared to go a shade or two darker than your hair color; a darker brow brings freshness to the face. Using a powder and slanted brush, fill in the brows, keeping a heavy hand. Sephora Eyebrow Editor Complete Brow Kit in Nutmeg Brown ($19)
4. Although Jennifer’s eyes are not the focal point, they are nicely defined with mascara on the top lashes. Swipe on a double coat of black mascara, wiggling the wand at the base of the lashes for maximum impact. Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara in Rich Pitch Black ($25)
5. Red lips are a must for most occasions, and this look isn’t complete without them. Apply two coats of this striking hue straight from the tube. NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio ($26)
Written by Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle.
Shop the story: