Last year’s colored denim and neon trends meant a color takeover, but this year it’s print and pattern we can’t get enough of. Our latest obsession? The patterned floor! Whether painted, tiled, or inlaid, patterned floors are a unique way to create the perfect mix of a modern, warm, and eclectic style. It can be a gorgeous way to give an otherwise simple room some personality reflected through the flooring style you prefer! We’ve selected a few of our favorite examples to give you a little interior inspiration.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Neutral tiles keep a room looking clean and modern. Setting tiles in a herringbone pattern is a great way to add a classic touch to the contemporary trend! (image)
2. Painting a less-than-perfect wooden floor creates a rustic, chic-but-lived-in look. (image)
3. We’re head-over-heels for the hexagonal mosaic on this bathroom floor! The sleek, slightly ornate tiling is perfect for a spa-like ambience. (image)
4. Confining pattern to the center of the floor creates a stylish, rug-like appearance. We love the modern gray and white color scheme—plus the ultra-shiny finish!—on this floor. (image)
5. Spanish-style flooring creates a warm and eclectic space—and achieving this fabulous feel requires almost no additional decorating! (image)
6. Chic chevrons on the floor add a unique element to a modern room without destroying a minimalist vibe. (image)
7. Black and white checkerboard tiling makes for a classic retro look. Keeping the walls and furnishings modern and trendy will ensure balance! (image)
Written by Kate Wong of Striped Cat Studio.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.