Last year’s colored denim and neon trends meant a color takeover, but this year it’s print and pattern we can’t get enough of. Our latest obsession? The patterned floor! Whether painted, tiled, or inlaid, patterned floors are a unique way to create the perfect mix of a modern, warm, and eclectic style. It can be a gorgeous way to give an otherwise simple room some personality reflected through the flooring style you prefer! We’ve selected a few of our favorite examples to give you a little interior inspiration.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Neutral tiles keep a room looking clean and modern. Setting tiles in a herringbone pattern is a great way to add a classic touch to the contemporary trend! (image)
2. Painting a less-than-perfect wooden floor creates a rustic, chic-but-lived-in look. (image)
3. We’re head-over-heels for the hexagonal mosaic on this bathroom floor! The sleek, slightly ornate tiling is perfect for a spa-like ambience. (image)
4. Confining pattern to the center of the floor creates a stylish, rug-like appearance. We love the modern gray and white color scheme—plus the ultra-shiny finish!—on this floor. (image)
5. Spanish-style flooring creates a warm and eclectic space—and achieving this fabulous feel requires almost no additional decorating! (image)
6. Chic chevrons on the floor add a unique element to a modern room without destroying a minimalist vibe. (image)
7. Black and white checkerboard tiling makes for a classic retro look. Keeping the walls and furnishings modern and trendy will ensure balance! (image)
Written by Kate Wong of Striped Cat Studio.