One thing we relish most about warmer weather is the ability to spend more time outside. Whether it’s lounging on our patio reading a new magazine or having dinner outside at a friend’s, this is truly one of the best parts of the season! While we focus on our interior space much of the year, we’re often guilty of neglecting our outside living space. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite looks that show simple ways to spruce up the appearance of your patio, deck or balcony!
Clockwise from top left:
1. Refinish old patio furniture with a fresh coat of paint and then splurge on bright patterned cushions! Keep it simple by leaving everything else a neutral color: black, white or grey. Let your cushions take center stage and allow your plants to be the accent colors. (image)
2. Sequins outside? You don’t have to ask us twice! A few glitzy throw pillows instantly dress up your outdoor seating. (image)
3. Placing floral arrangements on your tables is an easy way to make your whole space feel special. Snip a few stems from your yard or—if you lack a green thumb like us—pick up blooms at the store. A few votive candles, a nice bottle of wine and—voilà!— you’ve created a romantic outdoor oasis! (image)
4. Incorporate rustic and vintage elements. A beautiful wooden bench or coffee table is unexpected outdoors and creates an inviting environment for guests. Planted pots and pretty lanterns accessorize a deck or patio without much effort! (image)
5. You don’t have to spend a ton of money on a patio set to create a relaxing sanctuary. Look for an inexpensive set of plastic cafe chairs and a simple table. Fresh flowers and neutral tableware create a simple yet chic look! (image)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.