A bohemian take on ’60s mod? Alexa Chung has it down impeccably! This look is a mix of ’60s beauty standards and modern flair: a matte, doll pink lip and a sultry cat-eye paired with heavy Bridget Bardot bangs and loose, tousled curls. The fresh, dewy skin is a major focal point—and almost feels beachy with a touch of pink and a warm, barely-there dusting of bronzer. We’re completely captivated by Alexa’s effortlessly polished ’60s vibe!
1. Soft pink lips never go out of style, but the finish of this lipstick is what gives it a modern twist. Swipe on a generous coat and then blot lightly with a tissue. Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Fantasy Pink ($30).
2. Fresh and dewy skin is a crucial element of this look. Apply a light complexion booster with your fingers to get the most natural finish. Edward Bess Ultra Dewy Complexion Perfector ($56).
3. A light hand is the trick to adding color to the face. Use blush on the apples of the cheeks and bronzer on the tops of the cheekbones for an ever-so-slightly sun-kissed finish. LORAC Blush/Bronzer Duo in Hot Flash ($30).
4. Defining the eyes is another key step, so don’t be afraid to be bold! Begin by thinly lining the inner corner of the eye. Graduate the thickness toward the outer corner, flicking upwards on the edge of the eye. Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black ($7.99).
5. Undone, tousled curls lend a bohemian feel to the overall look. Add curls with a clipless iron, then run your fingers through hair to break up the spirals for an unfussy finish. Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron ($130).
Written by Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle.
Shop the story: