As the weather warms, there’s arguably nothing more satisfying than temperatures that justify moving meals outside. Entertaining in the great outdoors offers a rustic and romantic coziness that simply can’t be beat. For your dining pleasure, we’ve come up with seven simple suggestions to make your spring and summer soirées better than ever before!
1. Stock up on bottles of both sparkling and flat water. This will only cost you a few extra bucks, but the effort will be greatly appreciated by your guests!
2. Freeze berries to use in place of ice cubes. Not only do the berries keep drinks chilled, but they also add a delicious taste and a fun pop of color! (image)
3. Tent your food! Keep bugs away by using food covers. (Food Tents, $7.98)
4. Bring your bar to the backyard! Whether you set up a tray on a side table or wheel your whole bar cart outside, make it easy for guests to fix a drink without having to head indoors. (image)
5. Make or buy plenty of ice for chilling bottles of wine and drinks ahead of time. (image)
7. Go plastic. Instead of using your regular china and flatware, opt for melamine and plastic options. You’ll worry less about accidents and more about enjoying yourself! (Glitter Flatware, $4.95) + (Melamine Plate, $20)