Jessica Biel’s soft and chic updo is a perfect one to wear to all of those upcoming spring and summer weddings. Elegantly sweeping the hair away from the face is a sweet yet sophisticated way to really showcase your natural beauty. This look is best achieved the day after a blowout to provide hair with the texture it needs—and while there are a few steps to achieve this modern ‘do, the result will have everyone asking how you did it!
1. Creating volume and texture is key. Start out with a spray of dry shampoo at the roots and then wrap hair in hot rollers. Mist with hairspray and allow locks to cool. Remington T Studio Pearl Hot Rollers ($39.99) + Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo ($23)
2. Separate hair into inch-wide sections. Moving from front to back, tease hair with comb. Spray each layer with hairspray to lock in all of that volume. Marilyn Teasing Comb ($12) + L’Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray, Extra Strong Hold ($14)
3. Using the handle of your teasing comb, create a side part. Smooth out the texture with your fingers, securing your bangs back with a pin hidden into the ends. (The finish doesn’t have to be perfect—a few wispy strands of hair is what makes this updo so modern and pretty!)
4. Gather hair into a bun or chignon, using bobby pins to secure.
5. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to set everything in place.
Written by Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle.
Image of Jessica Biel.