We love summer—but staying pretty despite humidity, sweat-inducing temperatures and dips in chlorinated pool water is no small feat! Add in all that sand, saltwater and ocean breezes that come with beach vacations, and let’s face it: our beauty routine takes a major hit. Looking fabulous seaside or poolside takes know-how, effort and a handful of beauty products that can stand up to summer’s challenges. Luckily, we’ve partnered with Birchbox to pick our favorite products to stay gorgeous while enjoying some much-needed sunshine and salt air! You can also join Birchbox and keep discovering new products every month!
Some of our favorite products for summer:
1. Deborah Lippmann “Lara’s Theme” polish ($17): We love the pop of trendy orange this polish provides, and a chip-free finish makes our summer beauty routine a little easier!
2. Birchbox Cosmetics Case ($24): Sweaty skin and cool swims mean re-applying makeup more often than usual. This cute cosmetics case keeps all that extra makeup we’re toting around from disappearing to the bottom of our beach bag.
3. MAKE Cream Luminous Lip Gloss ($18): This all-natural, moisturizing gloss combats the dry lips that come with pool water and seawater.
4. Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm ($36): This detoxing BB cream contains SPF and helps control some of the skin problems (oily, much?) that accompany summer.
5. fouta lifestyle Fouta Throw Blanket ($46): You can use these soft, stylish textiles as beach blankets, sarongs, towels—we recommend stocking your home, car and beach bag with a few!
6. Supergoop!® SPF 30 Everyday UV Lotion ($14): Sunscreen is a crucial part of summer, and this waterproof formula is great for sensitive skin.
7. Whish Shave Cream ($20): This shaving lotion is great for keeping your legs smooth by the pool and nourishing skin after saltwater and chlorine have taken their toll.
8. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle ($21.95): Sunshine and chlorine can wreak havoc on our hair. We count on this leave-in spray to protect, nourish and de-tangle our tresses.
This post is sponsored by Birchbox.