Summer beach beauty is all about looking natural and polished. But don’t let a day spent beachside scare you away from beauty products. Waterproof formulas are the key to looking effortless and pulled together even when you’re lounging next to the ocean — sea spray and wind won’t stand a chance! After a refreshing dip in the ocean, use a fun, bright scarf to tie your wet hair off your neck and face. And, of course, expertly groomed brows make the perfect addition to any beachy beauty look.
1. Pull hair off the face, gather into a low bun, and secure with a tied up vintage silk scarf. We love this simple tutorial from Keiko Lynn. Or make it easy and just grab a headband. Topshop Headband ($25)
2. BB creams are the perfect choice for beach skin. They keep complexions feeling light and fresh, and have built in sun protection. Apply a thin layer all over your face using your fingertips. tarte Amazonian Clay BB Cream, SPF 20 ($36)
3. Define your eyes with a waterproof liner on the top lid only, smudging the pigment slightly to keep it soft and diffused. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Dark Chocolate Brown ($19)
4. Create the perfect sun-kissed glow with a smooth and creamy blush. Apply to the apples of your cheeks, blending well for a natural look. A high definition, long lasting formulation will help you avoid touchups throughout the day. Make Up For Ever HD Blush in One Too Many ($26)
5. Reach for a beige-nude lip color and apply it without using the shiny gloss to create a soft, natural look. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in Nude Beige ($24)
6. Bold and velvety brows add a statement to this look. Brush the creamy brow gel through to the end of the brows to define your eyes and frame the face. NARS Brow Gel in Kinshasa ($22)
Image credit: Cath Kidston
By Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle.