Whether it’s your own brood or a gaggle of pre-teen strangers, seeing kids wander about freshly stocked school supply aisles inevitably brings back memories. From Hello Kitty folders to pastel gel pens, there’s something about reliving back-to-school shopping that puts us in the mood to start fresh. Although our elementary school days are over, there’s no reason we can’t focus a little modern energy on our adulthood offices! So grab your shopping list and start taking some notes—we’ve got ten glamorous office supplies that every grown-up gal should have.
1. These notecards are chock-full of cute and cheeky ways to say, “thanks!” (russell+hazel, $22)
2. Pen cases are another school supply that have come a long way. We adore this slim gold option! (Kaufmann Mercantile, $69)
3. Get those brilliant ideas on paper with this whimsical metallic notepad. (Ashley Brooke Designs, $23.50)
4. As big fans of Lulie Wallace, we were delighted to see this 2014 calendar—a beautiful painting for every month of the year! (Anthropologie, $20)
5. Clipboards have gotten a major facelift recently. We particularly love this sleek Lucite version. (Fab, $22)
6. Hang this shimmery typographic poster above your desk to get you in the right frame of mind. (Charm & Gumption, $10)
7. These pink and gold pencils sport a pep talk with each dot and cross of those I’s and T’s! (Charm & Gumption, $12)
8. Now that you have the luxury of picking out your own reading material, go for classics that boast pretty reimagined covers. Bonus: they’re perfect for coffee table styling! (Anthropologie, $17.99)
9. These sleek acrylic boxes are guaranteed to keep your office organized. (Waiting On Martha, $60)
10. Get the comfort of a vintage handheld plus the convenience of your modern-day smart phone with this colorful add-on. (Amazon, $19.99)
Written by Carrie Waller of Dream Green DIY.