As boring as our school reading lists could be at times, fall always has us feeling nostalgic for our days of back-to-school book shopping. To fill the void, we’ve come up with a reading list of our own: don’t worry, no dry textbooks here! Our reading list is all about the fashion industry, from insider perspectives (and gossip!) to our favorite icons’ memoirs. Fashion school is now in session!
1. The Asylum: A Collage of Couture Reminiscences…and Hysteria (Simon Doonan): Industry insider Simon Doonan of Barney’s New York shares a collection of side-splitting tales of the fashion world and the people who keep it running.
2. P.S.–You’re Invited (Erica Domesek): DIY goddess Erica Domesek shares her best party planning tips, from food to decorating to fashion.
3. It: Alexa Chung (Alexa Chung): Fashion’s favorite “it girl” Alexa Chung shares her thoughts on life and style in this diary which includes exclusive writings, photos and drawings.
4. Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman (Sara James Mnookin): A collection of illustrated anecdotes and memories of legendary department store Bergdorf Goodman.
5. Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls (Leandra Medine): One of our favorite, sassy bloggers, The Man Repeller, shares her life and memories through the lens of her bold fashion choices.