What’s better than a girls’ night with all your best friends? A luxe slumber party, of course! We invited a few of our favorite bloggers to select their favorite plush Crane & Canopy bedding perfect for a sophisticated grown-up slumber party, and share what their ideal night would look like. After reading their answers, we’re feeling inspired to grab our girlfriends and pajamas for a night of movies and gossip!
Shop the story:
1. Who are your 4 ideal slumber party guests? They can be ladies or men, alive or dead, real or fictional. Alexander Hamilton: I’d like to say it’s because I’m interested in history, but really he’s there to up the hunk factor. Have you seen him on the ten dollar bill? Tami Taylor, the wife of Coach Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights: She’s funny, smart, insightful, and could probably do a great good job braiding everyone’s hair.
My girl Rebecca Buenik from Bee of Design: No one keeps a secret as well as Becky — and what happens at a sleepover stays at a sleepover. Plus she knows how to make balloon animals!Jamie Oliver: Someone has to whip up late-night snacks in the kitchen, right? While he’s at it, he could read us bedtime stories in that charming accent.
2. What is your go-to slumber party movie?
Father of The Bride: the Steve Martin version. My childhood best friend and I can recite the whole thing, beginning to end!
3. What would be on your slumber party menu? Activities and food wise. I’d definitely make this a throwback to the slumber parties of my youth. We’d drink Dr. Pepper, eat Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles, decorate puff paint tee shirts and play Truth or Dare.
4. Every slumber party deserves a good old fashioned pillow fight, right? What accent pillows are on your dream bed that are going to get tossed?
Rebecca Atwood makes the most divine shibori dyed pillows. The colors are mellow and versatile, the patterns earthy and sophisticated.
5. What is your favorite plush and budget friendly bedding option from Crane & Canopy that is perfect for a slumber party?
Sleeping on The Linden in Grey is like escaping to a posh hotel for the night. Crisp, classic and unbelievably comfortable!
Photos by Scarlet O’Neill