What’s better than a girls’ night with all your best friends? A luxe slumber party, of course! We invited a few of our favorite bloggers to select their favorite plush Crane & Canopy bedding perfect for a sophisticated grown-up slumber party, and share what their ideal night would look like. After reading their answers, we’re feeling inspired to grab our girlfriends and pajamas for a night of movies and gossip!
Shop the story:
1. Who are your 4 ideal slumber party guests? They can be ladies or men, alive or dead, real or fictional. Alexander Hamilton: I’d like to say it’s because I’m interested in history, but really he’s there to up the hunk factor. Have you seen him on the ten dollar bill? Tami Taylor, the wife of Coach Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights: She’s funny, smart, insightful, and could probably do a great good job braiding everyone’s hair.
My girl Rebecca Buenik from Bee of Design: No one keeps a secret as well as Becky — and what happens at a sleepover stays at a sleepover. Plus she knows how to make balloon animals!Jamie Oliver: Someone has to whip up late-night snacks in the kitchen, right? While he’s at it, he could read us bedtime stories in that charming accent.
2. What is your go-to slumber party movie?
Father of The Bride: the Steve Martin version. My childhood best friend and I can recite the whole thing, beginning to end!
3. What would be on your slumber party menu? Activities and food wise. I’d definitely make this a throwback to the slumber parties of my youth. We’d drink Dr. Pepper, eat Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles, decorate puff paint tee shirts and play Truth or Dare.
4. Every slumber party deserves a good old fashioned pillow fight, right? What accent pillows are on your dream bed that are going to get tossed?
Rebecca Atwood makes the most divine shibori dyed pillows. The colors are mellow and versatile, the patterns earthy and sophisticated.
5. What is your favorite plush and budget friendly bedding option from Crane & Canopy that is perfect for a slumber party?
Sleeping on The Linden in Grey is like escaping to a posh hotel for the night. Crisp, classic and unbelievably comfortable!
Photos by Scarlet O’Neill
1. Who are your 4 ideal slumber party guests?
I would go with Marilyn Monroe, Kelly Wearstler, my grandmother and one of my favorite friends that I met from blogging, Cassie from Coco & Kelley. I think they all have an inner decorista in them and it would be fun to talk shop, boys and anything else that comes up.
2. What is your go-to slumber party movie?
Pretty Woman. The shopping spree scene gets me every time.
3. What would be on your menu?
A girly slumber party means sweets, sweets and more sweets. I would have a mix of cookies, candies and an ice cream flavor or two.
4. What accent pillow is about to get tossed during your pillow fight?
Every room needs a little sparkle. I love these bejeweled pillows from Belquist. I would get a pair of the white ones for my room. To break up the white I would toss this new studded velvet beauty from Crane & Canopy.
5. Favorite Crane & Canopy bedding?
I would have to say my favorite set is the one I currently have, the Linden Navy Blue Border. I love the pop of bold blue, and it’s so cozy that I think I would have trouble making my slumber party guests go home the next day.
Photos by Rima Campbell Photography
1. Who are your 4 ideal slumber party guests?Gwyneth Paltrow: Everything she touches turns to gold. I’d invite her so she can tell us all her secrets.Olivia Munn: She seems super fun and down to earth. (And I love her character on The Newsroom.) I’d ask her if Channing Tatum is a good kisser.Andy Cohen: His clubhouse would be the perfect place for our slumber party. Not to mention, the man likes his cocktails!Jimmy Fallon: Funny and cute. What’s not to love there?2. What is your go-to slumber party movie?Mean Girls. It would have to be something we’ve all seen a million times so watching it wouldn’t get in the way of our gossiping.3. What would be on your slumber party menu? Activities and food wise.I’d grab Mrs. Lilien’s Cocktail Swatch Book and we’d play bartender while noshing on anything that’s not good for us i.e. cupcakes & candy. Oh, and don’t forget the late night dance party, because that would be a must.4. Every slumber party deserves a good old fashioned pillow fight, right? What accent pillows are on your dream bed and are going to get tossed?I love Arianna Belle. It’s my go-to shop for pretty pillows. The options are incredibly stylish, she can make any size you need and the quality is great. I’m partial to the leopard velvet, but I have my eye on the sprig floral too.5. What is your favorite plush and budget friendly bedding option from Crane & Canopy that is perfect for a slumber party?I love the Linden Light Blue Border. It feels fancy and looks great, but washes well and is durable, making it pet (and cocktail spill) friendly.
1. Who are your 4 ideal slumber party guests? They can be ladies or men, alive or dead, real or fictional.
Blair Waldorf: The slumber parties she threw in the first season of Gossip Girl? Perfection. I’d invite her to be on the “planning committee” for sure.Mackenzie, Emily, and Amy (they’re a package deal!): My NYC friends are the best. We can spend days on end with each other and still have things to talk about.Audrey Hepburn: The party is instantly chicer, no? Eyelash eye masks, Cat the cat, and croissants with coffee first thing in the morning.Jenna Lyons: Geeky glasses and vintage pajama sets for everyone. Every sleepover should include playing dress up and fashion shows (for Instagram).2. What is your go-to slumber party movie?The Devil Wears Prada — high fashion, Meryl Streep and New York City.3. What would be on your slumber party menu? Activities and food wise.Dress up, gossip and something DIY. Ice cream and popcorn for everyone.4. Every slumber party deserves a good old fashioned pillow fight, right? What accent pillows are on your dream bed that are going to get tossed?Caitlin Wilson pillows are the cutest, from Pink bows to flirty florals and bold metallics. A pillow for every personality!5. What is your favorite plush and budget friendly bedding option from Crane & Canopy that is perfect for a slumber party?The Linden Coral Border bedding is crisp and adds the perfect pop of color.Photos by Amy Stone.