After a holiday season filled with all the glitz and sparkles a girl could ask for, we’re ready to opt for a sophisticated and chic winter look this month. Of course, cozy winter clothes and the bulk that goes along with them can’t always be called elegant, so we’re on the hunt for some inspiration to create the streamlined vibe we’re looking for! A chic, wintery ensemble is all about sticking with the classics: traditional shapes like puffer vests or anoraks, jewel tones, and crisp, clean neutrals.
1. A ruby red coat is a sophisticated statement-maker when paired with neutral and quieter items, like black jeans and a creamy cabled sweater. (Image: Brooklyn Blonde)
2. Puffer vests, ear-warmers and cozy sweaters are all winter staples, just add simple but luxe accessories, like elegant boots and a boxy tote, for an eclectically stylish outfit. (Image: Katie’s Bliss)
3. We can’t think of two chicer trends than moto jackets and neutrals. Combined, they create the perfect stylishly understated backdrop for plenty of warm winter accessories. (Image: District of Chic)
4. Classic colors like camel and navy are always fashionable. We love these traditional and sophisticated tones paired with something fun, like a trendy hat and cute ankle boots. (Image: Orchid Grey)
5. Fair isle socks never looked so stylish! A kitschy winter item packs a fun punch when paired with classics like weather-ready boots, an oversized turtleneck, and an always-in-style anorak. (Image: Pink Peonies)