Nothing quite says, ‘I’m a Glitter Girl’ like a gorgeous glittery eye look. Thanks to the genius work of Lancôme makeup artist Diane Kendal at the Jason Wu show for spring/summer 2014, we have a new gold-flecked eye look to re-create. This look is perfect for cocktails with your girls or date night with your hubby. Whatever the occasion may be, this bold look will be sure to have all eyes on you. Check out the products used at the show to see how you can easily recreate this stunning look — no makeup artist necessary!
1. Start by applying your favorite shadow primer or base all over your lids so that the shadow will last you all night. We love NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base ($24) because of its incredible lasting power and super light consistency.
2. Diane and the other Lancôme artists smudged Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee ($26), a rich dark brown shade, into the models’ creases to immediately create the smoky vibe of the look.
3. The Jason Wu for Lancôme Artliner in Noir ($30) was used to line the models’ upper lash lines. This liquid liner is foolproof, incredibly glossy and pigmented, and lasts forever.
4. If dropping $30 on a liner isn’t your thing, a dangerously good drugstore dupe for this liner is the Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black ($7.99).
5. To create a dark base on the lids, Diane applied the darkest brown shade from the Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Pan Shadow & Liner Palette in Bronze Amour ($49) all over the lids.
6. A cheap and lovely alternative eye palette is the Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte ($6.49).
7. Now for the really fun part – the glitter application, of course! You can use whatever fine-milled gold glitter you have, but we happen to be obsessed with the Make Up For Ever Gold Glitter ($15). To make the glitter stick to the lid, wet your brush before applying a generous amount. Apply all over the lid, leaving the outer corners bare to keep a smoky and winged out effect.
8. The runway look that wowed every beauty-obsessed woman in the world wouldn’t be complete without curling the lashes and a few double-duty coats of Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara.
There you have it: the finished look! We hope you decide to rock this show-stopping runway look — you’ll be glistening all night!
Written by Kaleigh Fasanella