Matching a bright liner to an outfit can be such a modern look. Olivia Wilde made a serious beauty statement with this fierce, yet pretty look, and who are we kidding, we clearly love teal! Bold blue liner stands out against the neutral cheeks and lips, which makes the bright blue liner look much more wearable than it sounds. Get Olivia’s look with our seriously simple how-to.
1. The liner: Create a crisp, and graphic line by layering a creamy cobalt liner with a liquid on top. The exact liners we see here are Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Chaos and Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner #5 Diamond Turquoise Blue, and the combination of the two formulas gives depth, and serious lasting power (no smudging!). Extend into a cat eye shape up and out to open the eyes, adding drama.
2. The lashes: Apply one coat of mascara to curled lashes, and then press on falsies. Olivia is wearing Flutter Lashes fox and mink blend, which combine black and chestnut brown fur.
3. The cheeks: To compliment the striking eye, Olivia is wearing peach blush. Keep the cheek color light and natural, and dab a touch of Stila Convertible Color just on the apples of the cheeks. The creamy formulation will add a charming glow without being overpowering.
4. The lips: A glossy neutral pout allows the rest of the makeup to shine, so swipe on a coat of ILIA Beauty Lip Gloss in The Butterfly and I.
5. The brows: Add some extra polish and fill in the brows to frame the face with your brow pencil or powder. We love Flower Beauty Defining Brow Pencil.
By Erin Gerlach of The Sparkle.
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.