If you follow us on Pinterest or Instagram, you may know about our slight obsession for all things lip print. And with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, Caitlin decided it was about time we had a little fun with making our own lipstick prints! This DIY is so easy, and once you make the paper you can use it for a ton of different projects. Today we are sharing how to use it as an envelope liner, gift wrap + flower packaging. So grab your favorite shades of pink and red, some paper and get to work!!
White printer paper
Lipstick in various shades of pink and red
Makeup remover wipes
Double sided tape
Lip Print Paper Directions
1. Apply lipstick to your lips (use a few layers) and gently kiss the paper. Remove lipstick with a makeup wipe between colors and have fun playing around with different color combinations and over lapping on the paper.
2. Scan your completed lip print paper and then print off several copies in color.
1. Take apart one of the envelopes gently using your fingers or a letter opener to unseal the seams.
2. Use a piece of scrap paper to trace an outline of the size of the liner. Make sure it comes down far enough to cover the entire opening.
3. Use this template to cut out the lip print paper.
4. Use double stick tape or a glue stick to adhere the liner to the envelope.
**You can cut the liner a smaller size, allowing the envelope adhesive to still be usable and in-tact. We liked the look of the entire flap being covered in lip prints and sealed the envelope with a heart sticker.
1. Cut paper into a square shape.
2. Wrap around flowers to create a cone shape and seal with a piece of double stick tape.
1. Cut to size, wrap + tie with ribbon.