We know that finding the willpower to get to the gym or head outside for a run is difficult—especially when temperatures are below freezing! Hopefully, our picks for the best winter gym gear will provide the motivation you need to get up off that couch. You can count on these comfortable layers to keep you dry, warm and workout-ready.
1. Rise & Shine Jacket, Lululemon ($158): Whether you’re going outside for a jog or just trekking from your car to the gym, a waterproof jacket is a workout wardrobe essential.
2. Scrunch Top, Athleta ($79.00): The thumbholes and adjustable collar on this lightweight pullover help seal in warmth.
3. Sugoi MidZero Tights, L.L.Bean ($69): The name says it all. These leggings are designed to keep you warm in cold conditions.
4. Nike ‘Tech’ Dri-FIT Running Gloves, Nordstrom ($22): Exercising can pull the heat from your extremities. Taking your activity outdoors in the winter means a good pair of gloves is imperative!
5. UA Cozy Tight, Under Armour ($40.99): Under Armour is known for keeping athletes warm, so we can trust these cute color-blocked leggings to get us through the chilliest training days!
6. The North Face ‘ThermoBall’ PrimaLoft Vest, Nordstrom ($149): Stay warm while you travel to and from the gym. We can also think of a million ways to wear this pretty pink vest that don’t involve the gym, making it well worth the splurge.
7. GapFit Motion graphic long-sleeve T, Gap ($44.95): This top has strategically placed mesh panels that give the illusion of a smaller waist and help bring air to sweat-prone areas.
8. 500 mL in Kvetch Heart, bkr ($34): We tend to drink more water when it’s hot out, but it’s equally important to stay hydrated in winter months. A chic water bottle will encourage you to drink more H2O!
Written by Ellen Mishler