Last fall designers sent varsity-inspired looks down the Spring 2014 runways, featuring items like bomber jackets, sweatshirts and jerseys. Our favorite bloggers and street style mavens have already demonstrated how they show their sporty side, and it’s time for the rest of us to join the team! This trend is casual, fun and incredibly easy to pull off. Gather inspiration from these stylish women and then check out our 20 Varsity Style Pieces to Add to Your Wardrobe to start shopping for your winning look!
1. We simply adore this All-American outfit on Blair. A flirty skirt paired with a sporty sweatshirt looks especially great in the classic red, white and blue color combo. (Image: Atlantic-Pacific)
2. Layering over head-to-toe denim is a perfect way to wear your favorite sweatshirt from college. Strappy heels in place of sneakers keep this look polished. (Image: Elle Online)
3. Jules pairs striped track pants with a black sweater — and sleek accessories — for a sporty yet sophisticated look. Perfect for the office! (Image: Sincerely Jules)
4. A varsity jacket silhouette done in a tropical print suits Emily’s glam style perfectly. (Image: Cupcakes and Cashmere)
5. Christine knows the key to mastering this trend is mixing feminine pieces (patterned jeans and silver heels) with sporty ones (a leather jacket and black beanie). (Image: My Style Pill)
6. A letterman jacket epitomizes this trend. A cherry red leather version is particularly hard to resist! (Image: Lovely Pepa)
Written by Ellen Mishler