While black and white may be fashion’s go-to hues, we’re never ones to turn down a bright and inherently fun color. Transitioning to a spring wardrobe always feels like the perfect opportunity to experiment with new palettes, and each year there seems to be one or two shades that dominate. This season’s emerging favorite? All varieties of yellow! While we adore the traditionally cheerful tone, we’re the first to admit that it can sometimes be tough to style. Accordingly, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite ways to don this daring trend.
1. Pairing mustard yellow pleated pants with a crop top and fedora is undeniably chic. (Image: Thirstythought by Kryz Uy)
2. A yellow fit-and-flare skirt with a lacy top is super chic. A stylish moto jacket gives this outfit the perfect amount of edge. (Image: Tie Bow-Tie)
3. A yellow tee and a colorful printed jacket makes for a bold, spring-appropriate look. We like it best with a low-key item, like Grasie’s cut-off shorts! (Image: Style Me Grasie)
4. This trenchcoat-topped ensemble proves that pastel pants can look professional. Don’t underestimate the power of traditional silhouettes and nude tones! (Image: Classy and Fabulous)
5. Not quite ready to don head-to-toe yellow? We completely understand! Subtly accenting a neutral outfit is a risk-free way to incorporate this show-stopping hue. (Image: Moiology)
6. On the other hand, how eye-catching is Sarah’s all-embracing ensemble?! The combination of a flirty silhouette and nearly neon shade is irresistible! (Image: Smitten Studio)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.