The design world’s recent fondness for everything mid-century modern has ushered in a handful of interior design trends we can’t get enough of: brass accents, teak and Scandinavian prints are just a few. Our most recent obsession? Fiber art, woven and macramé wall hangings! This trend is one that anyone can embrace—whether you love eclectic and colorful pieces, minimal and modern elements, high-end artisan crafted displays or fun and easy DIYs, there’s sure to be a wall hanging that will work for you. From wildly textured to elegantly neutral, here are just a few of our favorites!
1. You can often see the Southwestern inspiration behind Maryanne Moodie’s geometric tapestries. These colorful pieces are a whimsical addition to a simple work space. (Image: decor8)
2. Scour Etsy and eBay for vintage treasures. (Image: Gallivanting Girls)
3. An oversized textured wall hanging is an amazing statement piece. We love the demure pastels in this funky tapestry! (Image: Justina Blakeney)
4. A visually intriguing wall hanging with a chic bed and charcoal wall is the epitome of sophistication. (Image: Sally England)
5. With gold leaf and an arrow-embellished hanging rod, this piece stands out in a cozy nook despite its neutral color scheme! (Image: Design*Sponge)
6. Not all hangings need to be made of complex knots and woven strings! This fiber-bedecked hoop is bohemian and modern—not to mention, an incredibly easy DIY. (Image: Sold out, Urban Outfitters)
7. A full gallery of tapestries over your mantel might be harder to attain, but one favorite will make for a super stylish addition to your gallery wall. (Image: All Roads)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.