The sunshine season is almost officially here, which means many of us are ready to swap out our full faces of makeup for a more minimal beauty look. No one wants to encounter melting makeup — we want our look to stay put in the sweltering heat! Fortunately, lightweight coverage and staying power aren’t mutually exclusive! To ensure you’ll never be stuck in a sticky situation (literally!), we’re sharing the simple sweat-proof beauty routine that we swear by!
1. First things first: you’ll want to apply a heavy-duty primer to clean skin to ensure that whatever base you choose won’t slide right off! Try one with SPF, like Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Protect Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen PA+++ ($33). The lightweight formula won’t leave your skin feeling sticky.
2. Choose a long-lasting base that works best with your skin type. If you’re looking for a new favorite, check out Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Oil-Free Foundation ($48). It feels weightless and has anti-aging properties!
3. Add some color to your cheeks with a long-lasting cheek stain in a fabulously bright yet sheer shade. We recommend Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy ($30).
4. Instead of using powder, lock in your look with a finishing spray like MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix ($29). You’ll be hooked!
5. For eyes, try a stay-all-day liquid liner. Urban Decay Ink For Eyes ($20) comes in a beautifully intense black.
6. Waterproof mascara is a must in the sweltering heat. To achieve voluminous lashes that won’t smudge, we highly suggest the waterproof version of a cult classic: Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Mascara ($19).
7. To finish off your sweat-proof beauty routine, apply a pigmented lip product. Two lasting options that we can’t get enough of: the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush Lips & Cheeks (7a, $40) and the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick (7b, $21). Both come in an array of gorgeous shades for summer!
Written by Kaleigh Fasanella