Every bride wants to look her best for the big day, but with all the planning, appointments and balancing of life’s daily demands, it can be difficult to fit in exercise and a balanced meal! That’s why we’re bringing in the Tone It Up Girls! They’ve put together a simple and easy-to-follow three-month plan to keep you on track and help you to look and feel your best! Consider Karena & Katrina your personal pre-wedding trainers!
Image: Getty Images via ABC
3 Months Before The Big Day
- Stick to your workouts! Set your alarm at least 4 times a week to get a morning workout in. Make sure to sweat and tone everyday!
- Aim for 200 miles of walking, jogging, running, stair mill, elliptical, cycling or swimming by your wedding day! That’s an average of 2.2 miles/day. If cycling, divide your miles by 3. (If you’re cycling 12 miles, log 4 miles toward your 200-mile goal).
- Take 5 minutes every morning to journal and set your intentions for the day.
- Cut out all fake sugars! Say goodbye to chemicals that cause you to hold on to stubborn fat cells.
- Get clean and focus on your nutrition. Carbs are vital — but cut out processed carbs (crackers, chips, white breads, sugary cereals, white pasta). Stick to sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, whole-wheat wraps, oatmeal and whole-grain cereals.
- Keep it natural! Kick out candy, diet soda, unnatural flavored waters, Splenda packets, boxed diet foods, sweetened yogurt and sugar-free coffee creamers. Sub in coconut water, kombucha and Sugar in the Raw.
- Plan everything ahead — including your meals! Don’t forget to eat.
2 Months Before The Big Day
- Fit in at least 4 workouts per week that consist of 30 minutes of cardio, plus 4 of our toning sessions found in our Bridal Edition.
- Stay hydrated! With only 8 weeks to go, make sure you’re getting in half your body weight in ounces of water per day. (150 pounds = 75 ounces of water per day).
- Journal your nutrition — jot it down in your iPhone notepad or calendar. Keep your diet full of fruits in the morning and greens in the afternoon.
- Time for shots! Healthy ones, of course. Make a batch ahead of time to use throughout the week. Recipes can be found in our Bridal Edition.
Image: Nike via Twitter
1 Month Before The Big Day
- Incorporate 3 cups of greens per day. This will help to cleanse you and get your skin in tip-top condition.
- Treat your workouts like appointments. You wouldn’t skip your cake tasting or dress fitting! Schedule your workouts in advance, commit to them and get them done.
- Between all of your to-do’s, squeeze in smoothies or juices with spinach or kale. You can replace 1 meal and 1 or 2 snacks a day with a smoothie or juice.
- Craving sweet treats at night? It’s tea time! Drink tea to help cleanse your body and curb those cravings.
Image: Bon Appétit
1 Week Before The Big Day
- Add lemon to your tea to burn extra fat.
- Sweat it out for an hour each day (even if it’s a long walk!).
- Keep all meals after 2 p.m. lean and green.