Every bride wants to look her best for the big day, but with all the planning, appointments and balancing of life’s daily demands, it can be difficult to fit in exercise and a balanced meal! That’s why we’re bringing in the Tone It Up Girls! They’ve put together a simple and easy-to-follow three-month plan to keep you on track and help you to look and feel your best! Consider Karena & Katrina your personal pre-wedding trainers!
Image: Getty Images via ABC
3 Months Before The Big Day
- Stick to your workouts! Set your alarm at least 4 times a week to get a morning workout in. Make sure to sweat and tone everyday!
- Aim for 200 miles of walking, jogging, running, stair mill, elliptical, cycling or swimming by your wedding day! That’s an average of 2.2 miles/day. If cycling, divide your miles by 3. (If you’re cycling 12 miles, log 4 miles toward your 200-mile goal).
- Take 5 minutes every morning to journal and set your intentions for the day.
- Cut out all fake sugars! Say goodbye to chemicals that cause you to hold on to stubborn fat cells.
- Get clean and focus on your nutrition. Carbs are vital — but cut out processed carbs (crackers, chips, white breads, sugary cereals, white pasta). Stick to sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, whole-wheat wraps, oatmeal and whole-grain cereals.
- Keep it natural! Kick out candy, diet soda, unnatural flavored waters, Splenda packets, boxed diet foods, sweetened yogurt and sugar-free coffee creamers. Sub in coconut water, kombucha and Sugar in the Raw.
- Plan everything ahead — including your meals! Don’t forget to eat.