With plenty of sunshine to soak up, parties to attend and free time to relax, arguably no season has more opportunities for pure fun than summer. Aside from beach trips and pool parties, here are just a few of our editors’ summer obsessions. Whether you’re looking for some beach reading, warm-weather accessories or something refreshing to sip, our guide to the season’s best buys and activities has you covered. Get ready to update your must-have list!
1. Outdoor entertaining means plenty of chances to use this cute anf colorful tray from Oh Joy! for Target ($15).
2. Most of our editors have already devoured Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso’s new book, #GIRLBOSS ($17.95).
3. Abby can’t wait to take this “adorably portable radio ($49.99) out for an afternoon at the beach or pool.” We still can’t decide on our favorite color combo!
4. Whole Foods is spending this summer promoting their “Give Bees A Chance” initiative and raising awareness about colony collapse disorder (they’ve already demonstrated what the grocery selection would look like without bees). Check your local store to find out how to support the project or find related events!
5. Our associate editor Kate thinks the minimal design and organic aesthetic of Cursive Design jewelry is perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to be bogged down in baubles.
6. Beauty intern Kaleigh swears Giorgio Armani’s ‘Maestro’ Liquid Summer Bronzer ($64) is worth every penny: “It works on every skin tone, blends seamlessly and looks so natural.”
7. Davines SU Milk moisturizes locks and protects them from harmful UV rays — the perfect solution to summer hair woes!
8. Summer is the ultimate time to wear a bright statement lip. For a saturated pink pucker, try Bobbi Brown Pop of Color Lipstick in ‘Miami Pink’ ($25).
9. Bridget can’t wait to treat herself to these elevated ice cream sandwiches from Jeni’s ($32)! The rest of us are tempted, too!
10. We can’t pass up cute packaging — and how cute is this limited edition Chandon Blanc de Noirs ($24) for Independence Day celebrations?!
11. 21st Amendment Brewery makes plenty of top-notch craft beers, but we’re particularly obsessed with this refreshing Hell or High Watermelon option.
12. Carly can’t get enough of the Polaroid 300 Instant Camera ($69.99): “I love the old-school vibe and how easy it is to use — and also just having physical photos instead of digital!”
13. This silky starfish scarf ($225) from Terracotta is the ideal lightweight summer accessory.
14. We’ve reserved our Sunday nights for watching the final season of “True Blood.”
15. Mara Hoffman is one of our favorite swimwear designers, so it’s no surprise that the covetable pieces from her collaboration with Anthropologie epitomize chic summer style.
16. DIY contributor Carrie wants to master the art of calligraphy. “The starter kit via Laura Hooper Calligraphy (from $65) will give me the confidence I need to knock this off my to-do list.”
17. Caitlin’s favorite summer loungewear is Plum Pretty Sugar’s Laly Pant ($42): “The ultimate summer lounging pant — so light and airy, I could wear them all day!”