There’s no better way to cool off on a hot summer day than by taking a dip in the pool. And although we may be content with nothing more than our favorite swimsuit and a good book or magazine, kids and babies require just a bit more stimulation. This round-up is full of toys that are sure to capture your little ones’ attention and keep them busy all day long. Pack these — and some sunscreen! — for a guaranteed day of soaking wet fun.
1. All That Glitters Goldfish, Land of Nod ($14.95): This tiny goldfish provides a lot of entertainment! Set it in the pool or bath and it lights up in an array of bright colors.
2. Boon Water Bugs, Bed Bath & Beyond ($8): This toy is great for improving dexterity! We suggest picking up two sets — perfect for playing games of catch.
3. Melissa & Doug Maritime Mates Sink + Swim Rings, Target ($8): If you’ve got an advanced swimmer on your hands, these dive toys will provide endless hours of fun.
4. Plui Bath Toy, Dwell ($13): This strange-looking toy will get your kids thinking and playing! Control the flow of water by sealing or opening the top hole with your finger.
5. SunnyLife Underwater Camera, Swim Outlet ($19.95): Afraid that your little ones may soak your iPhone while trying to take a photo? Give them a real underwater camera to capture summer memories!
6. Fantastic Beach Toys, Zoë B. Organic ($22): This five-piece beach set is 100% free of toxic chemicals. The pieces also fit together to create a bucket with built-in handles — hooray for easy transportation and storage!
7. Elegant Baby 8-pack Seat Party Bath Squirties, Bed Bath & Beyond ($13): Pack these fun sea creatures to keep your kids’ active imagination constantly at play.
By Ellen Mishler