There’s no better way to cool off on a hot summer day than by taking a dip in the pool. And although we may be content with nothing more than our favorite swimsuit and a good book or magazine, kids and babies require just a bit more stimulation. This round-up is full of toys that are sure to capture your little ones’ attention and keep them busy all day long. Pack these — and some sunscreen! — for a guaranteed day of soaking wet fun.
1. All That Glitters Goldfish, Land of Nod ($14.95): This tiny goldfish provides a lot of entertainment! Set it in the pool or bath and it lights up in an array of bright colors.
2. Boon Water Bugs, Bed Bath & Beyond ($8): This toy is great for improving dexterity! We suggest picking up two sets — perfect for playing games of catch.
3. Melissa & Doug Maritime Mates Sink + Swim Rings, Target ($8): If you’ve got an advanced swimmer on your hands, these dive toys will provide endless hours of fun.
4. Plui Bath Toy, Dwell ($13): This strange-looking toy will get your kids thinking and playing! Control the flow of water by sealing or opening the top hole with your finger.
5. SunnyLife Underwater Camera, Swim Outlet ($19.95): Afraid that your little ones may soak your iPhone while trying to take a photo? Give them a real underwater camera to capture summer memories!
6. Fantastic Beach Toys, Zoë B. Organic ($22): This five-piece beach set is 100% free of toxic chemicals. The pieces also fit together to create a bucket with built-in handles — hooray for easy transportation and storage!
7. Elegant Baby 8-pack Seat Party Bath Squirties, Bed Bath & Beyond ($13): Pack these fun sea creatures to keep your kids’ active imagination constantly at play.
By Ellen Mishler
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌