After several seasons, the short suit has proven itself a long-lasting trend. Myriad prints and styles are available, and we just can’t get enough of these chic two-piece ensembles. Depending on your office dress code, short suits with a longer hemline may be appropriate for work — but keep things classy with a blouse, heels and structured bag. Rock this trend on the weekend, too, by pairing your suit with more casual details!
1. Nifesimi wears a playfully printed suit with crisp neutrals. (Image: Skinny Hipster)
2. A casual chambray short suit like this one requires very few accessories. A classic Breton striped tee and dark sunglasses complete this effortlessly chic look. (Image: Harper’s Bazaar)
3. We’re simply crazy about this ethereal floral print! (Image: Mediamarmalade)
4. This vibrant red suit screams ‘powerful!’ Wear to a networking lunch — or whenever you need an extra boost of confidence. (Image: Native Fox)
5. We dug into the Glitter Guide archives to find this look! Harper’s Bazaar Fashion Market Editor Joanna Hillman wore this look to S/S Fashion Week in 2012 — and we love it just as much now as we did then! (Image: Glitter Guide)
6. Take a cue from Nancy (who looks fab in pale pastels!) and wear a short suit when traveling. The layers are great for fluctuating temperatures. (Image: It’s A Lifestyle Thing)
Written by Ellen Mishler
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.