After several seasons, the short suit has proven itself a long-lasting trend. Myriad prints and styles are available, and we just can’t get enough of these chic two-piece ensembles. Depending on your office dress code, short suits with a longer hemline may be appropriate for work — but keep things classy with a blouse, heels and structured bag. Rock this trend on the weekend, too, by pairing your suit with more casual details!
1. Nifesimi wears a playfully printed suit with crisp neutrals. (Image: Skinny Hipster)
2. A casual chambray short suit like this one requires very few accessories. A classic Breton striped tee and dark sunglasses complete this effortlessly chic look. (Image: Harper’s Bazaar)
3. We’re simply crazy about this ethereal floral print! (Image: Mediamarmalade)
4. This vibrant red suit screams ‘powerful!’ Wear to a networking lunch — or whenever you need an extra boost of confidence. (Image: Native Fox)
5. We dug into the Glitter Guide archives to find this look! Harper’s Bazaar Fashion Market Editor Joanna Hillman wore this look to S/S Fashion Week in 2012 — and we love it just as much now as we did then! (Image: Glitter Guide)
6. Take a cue from Nancy (who looks fab in pale pastels!) and wear a short suit when traveling. The layers are great for fluctuating temperatures. (Image: It’s A Lifestyle Thing)
Written by Ellen Mishler
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌