Now that August has crept up on us, we’re getting ready to enjoy every last second of the summer season. That said, we’re also gearing up for the fresh fun that fall brings! Accordingly, our obsessions this month will allow you to soak up the last of summer — all while excitedly preparing for an eventful autumn.
1. Abby loves to use these fun pink flamingo straws from SHOPbymonika ($8) when sipping summer cocktails!
2. We can’t help but fall for a perfect red lipstick. Says beauty editor Kaleigh, “Can we just admire the packaging for a sec? Marc Jacobs is always on-point. This strawberry-red shade brightens my whole face, and the formula itself applies like a dream.” (Marc Jacobs Kiss Pop Lip Color in Pop Rock, Sephora, $28)
3. A glam pair of boyfriend jeans is on Caitlin’s wish list this month. (Jeweled Boyfriend Jeans, Zara, $79.90)
4. Not everyone at GG has a green thumb, but we can all manage to keep an air plant alive! Carrie loves Tillandsia displayed in these modern Brass Himmeli ornaments, which you can make yourself.
5. GG’s resident runners love the opportunity to get outdoors during the summer, and Nike’s line of Free minimalist running shoes ($120) is full of some seriously sleek sneakers.
6. Hot weather calls for lightweight makeup. This pigmented balm ($7.99) by L’Oréal is a great alternative to lipstick.
7. Clear-framed sunglasses are a fun trend, and they’re easy to find at any price range! (Clear Frame Sunglasses, Forever 21, $5.80)
8. Kate’s favorite new indulgence is an ‘Ameri-cola’ — Mexican coca-cola with a shot of espresso. (If you live in Atlanta or Birmingham, you’ll find these at Octane Coffee. If not, just mix up a DIY version!)
9. Drop-hem dresses work wonderfully with your summer and fall wardrobes! (Mother of Pearl Audra Ruffled-Hem Dress, Moda Operandi, $460)
10. Caitlin has added this delicate gold necklace by gorjana ($70) to her daily jewelry ensemble.
11. Whether you have sensitive skin, a heavy make-up routine or a love for luxury, we guarantee you’ll want to add this facial oil from Caudalíe ($52) to your beauty cabinet.