This Kale Flatbread makes for the perfect weeknight dinner. We’re always on the hunt for quick and easy meals after a busy day, and this one definitely fits the bill. (It’s also ideal if you’re cooking for one!) Plus, it’s a delicious side to a bowl of soup on a chilly day!
- pre-made naan or flatbread
- full-fat ricotta cheese
- grated Asiago, Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of kale (washed & de-ribbed)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop kale and thinly slice garlic. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add kale, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until kale begins to wilt and become fragrant (about 8 minutes). Watch carefully and don’t let kale burn—add more olive oil if necessary!
2. Spread an even layer of ricotta cheese on flatbread and top with the kale/garlic mixture and shredded cheese of your choice.
3. Place directly on your oven rack for 10-12 minutes.
4. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a bit more grated cheese. Enjoy!
Images: Krista A. Jones
Styling & Recipe: Caitlin Kruse of Glitter Guide